Bloomberg.com is reporting that ETrade is now launching their robo-advice
Bloomberg.com is reporting that ETrade is now launching their robo-advice.
- It looks like they are positioning as “partial human touch” where users can communicate with an actual person, if they want to.
- Looks like they will be using at least some actively managed funds, which is not the norm for robo advisors these days.
- Looks like they will make tactical adjustments to the portfolio based upon market conditions. This could be a big differentiating factor depending on how aggressive they are with that (could be positive or negative).
- Otherwise, it looks like they will be relying heavily on branding for adoption…and smart digital marketing, of course.
- I just walked through the onboarding process and they subject you to a 9 question risk tolerance questionnaire. I don’t think they will have much success moving people through that process. Very pleasant UI, though (but it looks like it is a desktop-first design).
Link to web site: https://us.etrade.com/investing-trading/guidance-advice/adaptive-portfolio